Monday, April 9, 2012

My husband - My Amazing Man of God!!!

I know that many of my blog updates recently have been bragging on my husband – hopefully you don’t mind them too much, because here is another one!

Christopher has a huge heart and passion to go to unreached people groups – these are people who have really never heard about the love of Christ at all! It can be dangerous and is not the easiest ministries, but my husband has a passion for it! The two American YWAM leaders that are with us (the ones that you prayed for their safety) are taking a trip to the unreached people today. Many staff and leaders wanted to go with them and it was decided that Christopher needed to remain behind to be here in the classroom with the students, handling anything that was school related. He was disappointed, he was a little frustrated, but I watched as this man that I married 10 months ago handled this disappointment and frustration with so much humility and so much understanding!! I watched as he allowed his frustration to turn into an opportunity to let God teach him a lesson about being a leader, to grow him, to stretch him! I watched as this man of God truly allowed God to work in his life! One of Christopher’s other desires is to help start other YWAM bases – his heart is set on Juba next – and I know that the Lord is using these hard experiences that don’t always make sense to prepare him for the next phase! I love my husband with all my heart and have always been grateful for the man that the Lord blessed me with, but this weekend I am grateful for the way that the Lord is stretching my husband, for the way He is teaching my husband to be a leader, for the way my husband is growing in the Lord! The number one characteristic that I always said my husband had to have was that he had to truly LOVE JESUS, not just go to church, but to be passionate about Jesus – I knew Christopher really loved Jesus before I married him, but watching Him continue to grow in the Lord has brought me so much joy. My husband not only loves me and takes very good care of me, but he loves Jesus and loves His people, he is willing to let God mold him and for that I am SO very grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment