Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The season of 2 under 2!!

In this season of our lives, my husband works 24 hour shifts. There is very little about the 24 hours that he is gone that is easy. Taking care of both girls, doing all the diapers, dinner, bed, dealing with the temper tantrums of a toddler and the fussy cries of a newborn who is fighting sleep...let's be honest I count down the hours until he gets home! But for the last couple weeks my girls have found a new schedule, that involves both of them asleep by around 10 or so (the newborn does still get up for a midnight feeding)! This means about twice a week now (when Christopher is at work), I get to end my days peacefully!! A nice bubble bath, some peach tea, a salty snack and catching up on my tv shows!!!

While those 24 hours he is gone are typically rough days, I really can't complain, because then he is off for at least 48 hours!! I am so blessed to be Mom during this season and even more blessed to have such an amazing hubby who works crazy hours and helps me a lot when he is home!! Oh the season of 2 under 2....someday I will look back and miss it, so I am really trying to find the positives!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment