Thursday, February 20, 2014

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus

I am ready for the snow to melt and the rain today helped that some, but it also created giant puddles, huge "swallow your car" pot holes and lots of fog! On our way to MOPS this morning I hydroplaned through a giant puddle on the bypass going 60 miles an hour. If you have ever experienced something like this than you know first hand how scary it is, if you haven't let me try to explain it a bit. It went something like this...I was driving 60 mph with the windshield wipers going full blast.  The bypass seemed much more clear than other side roads and back roads I had been on - not nearly as many giant puddles. So there we are cruising down the road when out of no where a giant puddle appears in the middle of the road, next thing I know I am hydroplaneing straight for the cement median. The more I try to pull out if this giant puddle that is trying to slam me into the cement the wall, the more I am repeating the name of Jesus over and over again. In that moment I knew the car was totally out of my control and it appeared that I was going to slam right into that median which I am a pretty sure would have either sent us flying over the median into oncoming traffic or we would have slammed against the wall and then rolled back into the lanes traveling the same direction as us....either way we were headed for a very serious accident, so I did the only logical thing I could think of, I repeated the name of Jesus over and over and over again. In that precious moment where my life and the lives of my 2 precious girls flashed before my eyes, the only word I could speak was His name. I didn't bust out into song asking Him to "take the wheel" or even pray a prayer that made logical sense like please help us...I just kept repeating His name...He knew exactly what I needed in that moment. My car was out of my control and I needed Him to guide it and all 3 of us to safety. By His grace I am sitting here save and sound tonight without even a tiny scratch on my car! However it leaves me thinking, why in life do we wait until we are completely out of control to call on His name? Why do we wait until we are about to slam into a wall to cry out? So many times in life we try to take control, to do things our way, to steer the car the way we think we should, when really we should be calling out to Him, asking Him to take control before we are in the middle of the puddle, allowing Him to take the wheel before it gets ugly! I know that He protected my girls and I today and I know that there will probably be more times in my life that I am calling out His name because I let myself get in too deep, but I am making it my goal to call on His name before the storm gets rough! 

Snuggling my girls a little tighter tonight and praising His name for being our protection today!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment