Saturday, May 3, 2014

A walk...

We went for a walk today....not just any walk...but a walk to support my Momma and so many others that are battling this awful disease called MS! Can I be brutally honest for a minute? I HATE THIS DISEASE!!!!! I have watched my Mom go from having some back pain and a little weakness in her leg to not being able to do hardly anything on her own anymore, all in the matter of about 5 years! I hate that it has robbed my family of so much, but I also looked around this morning during our walk and reminded myself what it has NOT done! It has NOT stolen our joy, HER joy! There are days when it's hard and she gets frustrated, but she laughs and jokes and plays games!! It has NOT divided our family!! This nasty awful disease has brought us closer as a family, required us to stick together a little more! The last thing that MS has NOT done to our family is cause us to doubt the faithfulness of The Lord! We all cling to the fact that He loves us, He loves her and He is faithful!!! We will continue to pray for her healing, to walk this path along side her and to do whatever we can to fight this disease and strive all the while to bring The Lord glory through it!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment