Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My life in bullet points...

Here is bits and pieces of my random life in bullet points...hope you enjoy!! :-)
  • We are moving to Africa in a month!!
  • I am 13 weeks and 5 days pregnant with our lil' monkey!
  • We are selling all of our big furniture on Craigslist over the next month...it is already more of a headache than I imagined.
  • My baby LOVES milk and ice cream....two things that I can't really count on having in Africa!
  • My mother in law offered to give me some powder milk to take with us...has anyone ever tried powdered milk? Is it anything like regular milk? What if the water I am using isn't very cold? (we have an awesome water purifier...so it will be clean...just not cold)
  • I am currently reading Kisses from Katie, an amazing book by the author of the blog The Journey, which I have read for years! I think the fact that I am reading it now is a complete God thing, I am getting more and more excited about Africa!!
  • We got our Doppler in the mail yesterday, now we can listen to our sweet Monkey's heartbeat when ever we want!! :-)
  • We found an amazing midwife, who is a complete gift from God!!
  • My husband has been working crazy insane hours this month....which I am not a huge fan of, but I am also beyond grateful that he works so hard for our sweet little family...he's seriously the best!!
  • Our wolf stepped on my laptop the other day when I was sitting on the floor talking baby names with my husband....she cracked the screen! :-/
  • My amazing husband fixed my computer screen for me!!
  • I witnessed a car accident last week, thankfully no one was hurt, but it still shook me up quite a bit and I didn't sleep well for a few days.
  • We visited my husbands old church last Sunday, while it was nice because it is so close to the house, it made me so much more thankful for SOMA!!
  • Everyone thinks I am carrying big...my mother in law has even made comments about twins...but I actually weigh less than I did when I got pregnant...that doesn't make any sense to me, but my midwife assured me that for as much morning sickness as I have had that it is normal and weight will start to stick soon.
  • I only have 20 days or so left at the bank...it is bittersweet, because it is a smaller bank, all the employees at all the different branches make their own little Southside community, it has been fun to be a part of.
  • God's blessings just continue to fall on us as we prepare for Africa, its awesome!! Every time I start to doubt for a second or start to get a little nervous the Lord does something to confirm His plans and protection over us!
  • I am blessed!!
  • We are blessed!!
  • GOD IS GOOD!!



Also, will you consider praying for this sweet angel, Phoebe, although I do not know her, her sweet family are also YWAM missionaries and precious Phoebe was just diagnosed with cancer! You can also follow her caringbridge here! Thank you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment