Monday, February 6, 2012

My God cares....even about hiccups!!

We have had lots of questions from many people about our trip to Africa, especially with me being pregnant. "Is it safe?" "Aren't you scared something bad could happen?" "Are you sure you are supposed to be going when you are pregnant?" "What if you go into labor on the plane?" "What if this...what if that?" At first these questions really bothered me...and had me rethinking everything...maybe they were right, maybe I shouldn't be going. The more these questions have been asked, the more I have turned my eyes to the Lord and the more assurance He has given me. He continues to confirm this trip daily! He continues to remind me that He is in control and He is looking out for me. He hears my every cry and He answers them! Last Friday was a perfect example of Him answering my every cry. I had gone to visit my husband at work, we made frozen pizza and were just enjoy a little bit of time together, until they got a call :-( Bummer! I took my pizza and started to drive home on this dark rainy night. I took a big drink from my water bottle and kinda choked and coughed a little bit, no biggie, UNTIL a couple seconds later when I started hiccuping! :-( I had just eaten several pieces of pizza and now was hiccuping and starting to feel a little nauseous. Oh no! So as quickly as this annoying painful hiccups started I prayed out loud in my car and just simple said "Jesus, take them away!" 5 seconds later I hit a big puddle in the road that I didn't see because it was dark out and it made the loud splash noise under my tire...it scared me...and scared away my hiccups too!!! This may sound silly and I'll be honest it is, but the fact of the matter is...as I drove the rest of the way home and thanked Him for taking away my hiccups He reminded me again, that He is in control!! If he cares about me enough to allow me to hit a puddle to scare away my hiccups, than surely He cares enough about this precious little one inside me and will protect him or her!! So you see...My God cares...even about my hiccups!! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I love how fun God is some times. All those people who ask you those questions care about you as well as God. But you are right, God is sovereign and EVERYTHING is in his control and as we submit ourselves into his hands, he will care for our needs according to how he sees fit. Love you Emily and am so proud of your faith and assurance you have in God.

    ReplyDelete