Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Remember!!

I am sure that most of you have heard the song, "Your Grace is Enough" by Chris Tomlin....I used to HATE it!! I mean seriously, our God does not forget us. Why does the bridge say, "Remember your people, Remember your children, Remember your promise!" Do we really think that God has forgotten His people, or His children, or even His promises? I used to sing this song and get so very annoyed, He has not forgotten us, He loves us!!! That was, up until a few weeks ago....

I was in Texas standing between my fiance and his father and we were singing this song....and as I sang the words God gave me vision...it went a little something like this.....

REMEMBER YOUR PEOPLE....



REMEMBER YOUR CHILDREN....



REMEMBER YOUR PROMISE...

"A father to the fatherless,
a defender of widows,

is God in his holy dwelling.
God sets the lonely in families"


You see..this song for me now goes so much deeper than God remembering us, its all about us remembering HIS people, HIS children, HIS promises!! We are called to love on the widows and the orphans!! Christopher and I were talking later that day, and I told him that I feel like our home in Africa will be an open door, somewhere that the widows and orphans can come and be loved, somewhere they are safe and fed!! I am excited for the things that the Lord has in store for us as a couple! I can't wait to go and love on the widows and the orphans and to be truly REMEMBER HIS PEOPLE, HIS CHILDREN, and HIS PROMISES!!!!

Until then, I will sing this song and smile, His grace truly is enough for me, and I will remember His promises!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment